Thinkery Camps spark curiosity and inspire creative learning through hands-on, inquiry-led exploration and discovery. Each weeklong camp provides an innovative, safe and inspiring environment for campers to expand their problem-solving potential—and have a whole lot of fun. Campers dive deep into STEAM, robotics and programming concepts while developing critical thinking skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Ready to become a robotics ringmaster or a medieval maker? In 2018, Thinkery will offer seven innovative camp themes to challenge and inspire Pre-K–5th grade campers.
Keep Austin—and Thinkery Camp—weird while exploring the unique engineering, architecture, science and art that makes our city so special.
Once Upon a Design
Embark on an imaginative adventure designing and engineering solutions to problems that occurred “once upon a time” for storybook characters.
Up, Up and Away
3, 2, 1, blast off! Join us for a high-flying week of exploration and experimentation that defies gravity.
Engineering with Sound
Let’s make some noise! Boogie while making instruments, vibe with vibrations and investigate the science of sound with us.
Robotics and Programming Camps
Secret Agent Robot
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to join an elite group of secret agents to use robotics to crack codes and solve fun challenges.
Step right up and join the fun, robotics ringmasters! Juggle coding and creative problem solving as you build wacky, whimsical carnival contraptions.
Let’s travel through time! Explore simple machines and tackle medieval technology to design and engineer your very own kingdom.
Thinkery is expanding its summer camp program to include FIVE locations around Austin, hosting programs at Thinkery, National Instruments, The Magellan International School, The International School of Texas and Emergent Academy.
Now, no matter where you live, there’s a Thinkery Camp near you!
- Thinkery at the Meredith Learning Lab – East/Central (1830 Simond Ave., Austin, TX 78723)
- Thinkery hosted at National Instruments – North/West (11500 N. Mopac Expy, Austin, TX 78759)
- Thinkery hosted at The Magellan International School – North/West (7938 Great Northern Blvd., Austin, TX 78757)
- Thinkery hosted at International School of Texas – West (4402 Hudson Bend Rd., Austin, TX 78734)
- Thinkery hosted at Emergent Academy – South/West (1044 Liberty Park Dr., Austin, TX 78746)