Statesman Content Marketing
The School of Rock is the nation’s premier performance-based rock school. We teach guitar, bass, drums, keys and vocals via our unique combination of private instruction and group rehearsals, which gets students playing on stage as quickly as possible. Our instructors are all professional Austin musicians, each with years of experience in the music business. In addition to our year-round performance programs, the School of Rock offers one and two week summer camp sessions.
Our comprehensive camp experience is designed to hone music performance and ensemble skills in a creative and fun environment. We use Rock ‘n Roll to teach guitar, bass, drums, vocals and keys, culminating in an awesome live show on the final day! Our camps cater to rockers aged 6 – 18 of all skill levels – from beginners who are brand new to their instrument through to more advanced rockers with some experience under their studded belts. Students work in a hands-on atmosphere that includes:
- Learning the nuts and bolts of live performance
- Studio/band rehearsal time
- Individual and group instruction from our highly skilled staff
- Music theory and Rock & Roll music appreciation
- Interacting with other young musicians
- A LIVE rock show performance
Last year’s camps sold out, so take advantage of this awesome deal for Statesman readers only! If you enroll before April 1, you will receive 25% off any summer camp tuition. Just use the coupon code SORSTATESMAN2017 at checkout.
Here’s what we have in store for Summer 2017:
- Rookies camp – introduces the music fundamentals in a fun way to beginners aged 6-8.
- Rock 101 camps – the perfect opportunity for budding young rockers aged 8 to 13 to learn the skills necessary to rock out in a band, with a righteous live rock show at the end of the week.
- Songwriting camp – learn about the craft of writing your own original music and end the week with a recording of your own creation.
- Performance camps: “British Invasion”, “Summer of Love 50th Anniversary”, “Legends of Rock” and “Indie Rock” – campers aged 10 – 18 with at least 12 months of previous musical experience rehearse as a band during the week in preparation for an awesome live rock show on the final day of camp!
Founded in 1998, the School of Rock is the inspiration for the blockbuster Jack Black film School of Rock (2003).
School of Rock Austin was the 8th school founded in the School of Rock family back in 2005. Since then, we’ve produced more than 100 shows, and just recently celebrated our 11th anniversary in Austin. In the process, we have empowered thousands of young musicians by teaching kids how to rock on stage and in life! For more details and to reserve your spot, visit http://rocki.ng/austinrockcamps or call us at (512) 670-2360. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Rock is located at 2525 W Anderson Lane, Suite 138, Austin, TX, 78757